My hatred of Linksys goes way beyond this one access point. Lets see:

1. What kind of company releases the same model number NIC but with 6 different revisions, each requiring unique drivers. Oh, and the only way to tell the revision is to take it out and comapre it to pictures on the web site. Lastly, loading the wrong driver will blue screen Windows 2000.

2. The Wireless B Game adaptor. Supposed to be basicially an ethernet to wireless bridge for one device. I've had experience with multiple ones, and none would allow for downloads anywhere near the 802.11b real world preformance, nor would it hold a connection stable long enough to be useful. Caused me lots of grief trying to use it to bridge my grandparents wireless access into theirs, and also using it for a single system at home.

3. Another seperate linksys NIC causing so much problems between multiple switches that it brought my home network to a stand still. The replacement NIC did the same thing. This is when I should have learned I never trust Linksys, but there is more.

4. Linksys filewall router. My roomate has this, and I decided to just use it as a dumb 4 port switch in the front room. I logged in, disabled any firewall component, dhcp, etc. Two days later my ReplayTV complains it can't get on the network, and the problem is the Linksys device reset to defaults and started handing out DHCP addresses. To this day, my ReplayTV has not been stable on the network after being attacked to that Linksys device. I have no clue what caused it, and will be logging a ticket with whoever owns Replay these days.