I, on the other hand, have had mostly success with Linksys products. In my own home they work fine, from the router to the USB adapter on my machine to the wireless bridge on my Play@TV media streamer, they work in harmony with each other

I was simply stumped as to what was going wrong with these people's network. First off, they have DSL, and I'm sorry, but you're automatically starting out with more hassle than cable. Why even have a login and password for a connection that you're always going to want to have on? Then add the whole thing with placing the router on top of the monitor, which I specifically told them not to do (hell, the DSL modem caused enough heat, and I told them not to put it with that either). I guess it's not so suprising.

Quote:
Would getting directional antennae help the problem?

I suppose it might, but the setup in my house doesn't seem to have that problem, and I have a greater distance than they did.

Oh well. I put the thing on channel 9, maxed it out to 84. and put the router somewhere cooler. With any luck they won't need me again.

Oh, and I shared with them the number one tip that they should know: if it doesn't work. unplug, count to 20, replug