Your basic problem is that "Artist First Letter sorted by Artist" is sort of meaningless. You will almost certainly have tons of different artists within a single first letter, so they'll all turn into Various, which is what you're seeing (You have a title = "W", but Artist = "Various" because there are MANY artists starting with W). Now part of the problem also is that the Various's are dynamically changing and because of the other problem where changing rollup tag values don't resort, you're getting even crazier results because they're not resorting properly. But even if they resorted properly you'd just get a big lump of Variouses towards the bottom and your letters all mixed up.

Basically you never really want to sort a First Letter by anything but "Title" -- remembering the sort order is the sort order of THAT LAYER, which is that you are sorting the first letters themselves, where title is the first letter.

Does that make sense? So if you do Artist First Letter - By Title, Artist Sorted by Artist (though I will point out here that in an Artist layer, Title = Artist, and there's actually a performance improvement if you choose to sort on Title -- this will give you the exact same results, but work /slightly/ faster), Tunes - By Title, then I think you'll get what you want, which is the first letters are in order, then the artists are ordered by name, then the songs for that artist are sorted by name.

I think the confusing part here, and it's hard to fix on the jEmplode side, is that Title tag has different meanings in different layers. Additionally realizing that everything but Title for a playlist is a synthetic field (meaning it's aggregated from the playlist contents), and you things start to make a little bit of sense.

ms