Ok, I have been in this country (Tunisia) for two months now, and I am convinced that the government here is controlling the internet in the country. However I can’t really see how it can be done. I can go to certain websites and they load very quickly. For example I can load The New York Times very quickly, but The Wall Street Journal can take over ten minutes. Since arriving here my yahoo mail account can not be accessed in under 5 minutes. The page eventually loads but I have to wait forever. I can connect to instant messaging via Yahoo messenger (which none of my friends use, but my girlfriend does) but I can not get AIM to connect and have not since arriving here. I can't even use AIM express, the status indicator just sits on complete for hours.

Is this even remotely possible? Am I crazy?

What kind of configuration would be needed to monitor that much information, and where in the route could it be done from? I can’t doing anything about it, but I’m hella-curious.