Finally working toward getting the empeg back into my car. Have just bought the following amplifier to run the entire system: JL Audio 500/5 ( www.jlaudio.com/amps/5005.html ) (eBay of course)

I'll be using all stock BMW wiring for the empeg and amp (minus the power and ground). Should provide a noiseless install as everything for the stock system is already using UTP. This also means I can put the amp and external cross-overs in the trunk (where the battery is - excellent).

Making a new harness for the amp connections at the back using Molex Mini-Fit Jr. connectors (ordered from Mouser) and will be using a standard HU adapter plug up front to connect to the empeg's ISO and pre-out connections. New speakers will also use stock wiring and will be wire-tapped.

I have yet to order speakers, but I'm leaning toward JL Audio for those as well. Had really good luck in my (now stolen) Integra and I don't see a reason not to go that route again. 5.25" woofers in the front with 1" tweeters and 4" drivers in the back. I'll want a single 1-" sub in a small enclosure, but I haven't decided what to do here yet (may go JL for that as well later this year or early next).

Feels good to know I'll have the empeg back in my car soon. Or "soonish" anyway. I still have to make all those molex plugs... Anyone know where I can find a decent, but cheap, crimper (for the contacts)? ie. NOT $100 or $200 but more like $20...

Bruno