But only if you record those shows. If you're just watching live TV, it doesn't adjust any criteria. It'd be hard for it to, as it's always watching something, even when you have the TV off, and it'd be hard for it to know when you were watching and when you weren't. I suppose it could figure something out based on "trick play" activity during a program -- something like assume you like a show if it sees an entire showing of it and there were at least some set number of pauses, rewinds, etc. that might indicate you were actively watching the show.

My biggest problem with the TiVo is that it doesn't take quality of the TV show into account. I mean, we all have our guilty pleasures, if you will, but just because I watch Babylon 5 doesn't mean I want it to record every straight-to-SciFi-channel movie that ever comes on. Not that that's an easy problem to solve. Maybe pulling some aggregate information from viewers -- if many people who give thumbs ups to B5 also give thumbs ups to, say, Farscape, it could take that into account when figuring out what other B5 viewers would like to watch.