Hello,

Being pretty new to this I've searched the FAQ and the BBS and seem to have found refrences to the problem I'm having. I'd bought an EMPEG off of Ebay and it was shipped to me from Europe. When I plugged in the unit I got the "No hard drive found error". I opened up the Empeg and checked the cable from the HD to motherboard. It seem like the IDE connector from the END of the cable that connects to the motherboard was VERY loose. I tried to plug it back in but it just pops right back out. I did manage to get it to "stay" once, or so I thought, but just got "lost player settings" or something like that and then the "no hard drive" error again. So I opened up the EMPEG once again and the IDE cable is loose again. So what do I do now? Does the unit need some "professional" care or is there something I can do myself to fix this? I have NO experience in this sort of thing. Thanks for any adive you can provide!

Peter
Miami, FL USA

P.S. It seems as though the cable IS crimped properly and there are no dry or loose solder joints.