Last I counted, I have about 8 people to respond to, and I'm trying to do this in order, but I thought I'd respond to this one first... I'm thinking I won't have a chance to keep up once Monday hits and people can post from work. I don't have internet at work, and my wife isn't too happy with me spending too much time on this instead of planning our next house, baby and various other stuff, but I'm trying!

Sure, Abu Gharaib is an example for the people that were involved in it. But it was an internal investigation that brought those horrors to light. The military itself, even it wasn't moving fast enough because it had a growing insurgency to deal with, condemned those actions and is punishing those involved. The argument has been made that policies set forth by the Pentagon and the administration "set an atmosphere" in which Abu Gharaib happened, but that is a far cry from it being policy, being accepted or being encouraged. I know the NYT would disagree with me, but that's another story. No one seems to mention that it was a fellow Army soldier who broke this story and reported it because he knew it was wrong.

I won't dare post some of the pictures I've seen, but perhaps you'd like me to email you some of the vicious crimes and mutilations that were carried out by Saddam. As bad as the actions were in those prisons, they are nowhere near the horrors suffered under the official policies of Saddam, so to compare them, and say they are equal is an insult to the people who were raped, maimed and brutalized by Saddam. I think they'd gladly stand on a box for hours at end in the nude if they could have their limbs back.