I keep looking at the opening and wondering if I can't squeak something in there. Yes, it's a tad smaller than 2-din, it's more like 1.75 din. But someone very clever might be able to do it.

The thing is, a lot of the CD players out there have a fascia that is a bit smaller than the actual din opening. If I could fit that behind the plastic bezel, and mount the two units as close to each other as possible, and if the bottom lip of the empeg fascia (handle, actually)overlapped the CD player just enough, then it MIGHT just work.

I'd have to adjust the mounting position of the empeg upwards just a hair... Can't be much because it's already almost touching the top of that bezel.

I think what it really comes down to is that bezel. I *think* (not sure) there's enough room in the interior metal cage for two units. That cage is completely removable of course, and you can drill whatever mounting holes you want in it. But the outer bezel is the killer, you'd have to be certain both units will fit. I just don't know the answer to that yet.

Please tell your Honda-installing friend one critical thing: Removing that bezel is tricky if you don't know the secret. Here is the secret:

There are two screws at the bottom of it that you can see. But there's one screw top-center, behind the clock, that you can't see. The clock must be carefully popped out to get to that third screw. In order to prevent scratching the bezel, you must wrap a soft cloth around the tip of a large and blunt flat-blade screwdriver and gently pry the clock out from the bottom. I've done this dozens of times now without scratching the bezel, but you must be very careful of it each time you do it.

Thank you Crutchfield Master Sheet.