What is your usage pattern, Tony? Do you logout or close your windows often?

Yes, I actually fully shut down my computers when I leave them. Also, I'm rarely away from the BBS for more than half a day. If I'm on the computer, at all, I have a little program that re-checks the BBS at one-minute intervals and notifies me if there are any new posts.

I don't, however, ever choose the "logout" option. And although I clear my cache and cookies regularly, I don't necessarily do it every day.

Oh, oh, oh, here's a difference!!!!! I just realized!!! It's likely that no one else does this, so this may be the difference...

Every time I connect to the BBS, I log in fresh. I do not just go to the front page and allow my cookie to do the login work for me. The reason is that I've got a hand-made URL shortcut that feeds the BBS my username and password, and that's what I use to connect. The url looks like this:

http://empeg.comms.net/php/start_page.php?Loginname=myloginname&Loginpass=myloginpass&option=Login

This means I have a fresh login each time I hit the BBS when I swap machines. This must be why I'm not experiencing the problem. So, the problem must lie in how the new PHP code treats cookies from the same user on different machines.

I'd say that the temporary work-around (until wwwthreads fixes the bug) would have to be for everyone to choose the "logout" option at the end of their browsing session. Anyone willing to try that for a few days?