So my saga of lyrics-related problems continues!

All of my mp3 files are VBR, which makes the process of lyrics tagging quite time consuming because if I make a mistake I have to play the song from the very beginning again. This is due to the issue that both XMMS and WinAmp share in that they don't seek accurately within VBR files. However, even worse than that, I've discovered a new VBR issue.

Having tried out the SYLT plugin for WinAmp I've noticed that when playing back songs with lyrics I tagged with XMMS-SingIt they were synchronised initially but slowly began to lag as the song progressed, eventually going as much as an entire second out of sync. Testing this out on the empeg, I find the XMMS tagged files were perfectly synchronised, but the WinAmp tagged files would go out of sync as the song progressed with the later lyrics leading the vocals. I'm using the latest version of WinAmp. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? I doubt it's a problem specifically related to my mp3s as they work fine when I use XMMS to produce the time-stamps.

Back to Linux and XMMS for me... shame, I really liked the SYLT plugin.

Ross