Yeah, what Tony said. There are plenty of non-children's games, but there are a lot more geared towards them.

Warioware Mega Party Games is supposed to be really fun, too. And Mario Kart will probably be the most innocuous racing game you'll find for a child, yet it's without a doubt one of the best games you can buy. As they get a little more skilled, Zelda: Wind Waker will be pretty age appropriate. I also just finished Beyond Good an Evil. It's a cross platform title, but probably good for slightly older kids closer to the age of 10 you gave us. If you somewhat approve of fighting games (or even if you kind of don't), Super Smash Brothers is sheer fun for older kids, and like Mario Kart, is going to be the least harmful of the genre while still being one of the best.

I believe that type of thing carries through most of the Nintendo lineup. Yeah, they're not winning this console war, but as far as I'm concerned, the gaming experience you get on it is a pure joy.

And as a parent, you can be assured that your kids will never be playing GTA on it