I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction...

For the past few years I've wanted to be able to make my own tshirts. I want to be able to print basically anything on any color shirt. From something as simple as a two color logo to a screencapture from an old school nintendo game. I've tried all the iron on printable transfer sheets but those suck for anything other than really simple logos and words on a white tshirt.

SO, does anyone have any other ideas? I've looked online and locally for places that do custom silkscreening but you have to order like a million. What i want is to be able to take any design/picture i want and put it on a shirt. I know there is a way to do it cause I've seen the type of shirt i'm looking for. The designs on these basically look/feel like a thick, rubbery sticker (if you've ever seen the "Serial Killer" line of tshirts you'll know what i mean).

I'm even willing to take a class or something to learn how to silkscreen myself. When i was in high school there was graphic arts class where they spent some time on silk screening but I can't seem to find anything like that at any of the local community colleges. So, does anyone have any ideas?