I'm looking for a good All In One printer that costs about 200 bucks. I've never owned one of these things before, so I'm trying to do some research, but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any pointers on what to look out for. So far, my list of requirements includes:
  • Seperate Inks for Colors
  • Automatic Document Feeder for multi-page Faxes
  • Flat Bed Scanner
  • Fax and Copy operation independant of attached PC

So far, I've found a few models that I think look okay, but each has their drawbacks and advantages:

Epson CX6600 $194: This model was the "Editor's Choice" over at CNET.com. They didn't go too in depth, so I'm not sure exactly why their so crazy about this thing, espeically when they say that some "normal" paper can jam. But it uses four color inks and doesn't use a ton of ink at all. Here's what I don't like about it:
  • No Internal Modem - Needs PC's modem to do FAXing.
  • Paper Jams w. "Normal Paper".
  • No Document Feeder.

Canon MP390 $145: This model also gets decent reviews and has a cool look to it. I think the flat-bed lid comes off if you want to copy a page from a book or something. The ink for it is pretty darn cheap too compared to my HP Deskjet. Here's what I don't like about it:
  • Only one ink cartridge for all colors
  • Ink cartridges are small and run out quickly.
  • No Automatic document feeder.

Which lead me to this model:
Canon MP730 $220: This is the step up from the MP390, but I think it's an older model. I don't even see it on some web stores nor on the Canon page anymore. The reviews are average, but it looks like because it's an older model, the reviews were reviewing the printer when it cost over $400. Now that it's cheaper, I think it might be a better deal. The ink is also cheap, and it has four seperate cartiges (3 color, 1 black) as well as an Automatic Document Feeder. The only issues I might have with it are:
  • Not as pretty as the MP390
  • Because it's older, might be harder getting updated drivers, etc.

Does anyone know of any better review sites that CNET or the custormer feedback I see at some stores? Maybe some personal experience to throw my way? Any help would be appreciated.