Hi,

I've just ordered my first empeg and I'm trying to figure out what I should buy in terms of amplifier, etc.

I don't know where to start! I've never upgraded my car audio beyond a MD unit and some 'decent' speakers, but I figure if I'm spending this much on the empeg I may as well go the whole way and have it sound amazing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My car is an MGB Roadster, so I've got the convertible aspect to consider - ie: wind noise at speed. The hood (top) is very thick and insulated, so when that's up there is not much inteference. However, the car has a monster V8 engine in it, so it's loud to drive! I don't want that beautiful engine sound driowned out by booming bass, but I would like to hear my music properly over the car sounds.

There is adequate boot (trunk) space, and actually quite a bit of space behind the seats which could easily be used.

My budget is not _that_ huge, but I would be happy spending to get a good sound. I don't want to cut corners just to save a few quid/bucks.

Music-wise, this should be tailored towards what I listen to, which is mostly '60's pop stuff, Motown, etc. The odd burst of noise (nothing more violent than Nirvana though). I like the bass to be heard, but it should be tight, not boomy.

Ok - hope someone can help a girl in need!

Thanks!

Sally