I'm curious where they get their map data. Does anyone know? Is it the USGS? It appears that it isn't from Mapquest, because there was an interesting error in their maps that I'd corrected them on several years ago.

There's a main road that my neighborhood is off of. A little further down that road is another neighborhood. Towards the back of the neighborhoods, when mine was built, there were plans to have two streets connect between them. However, they decided that they didn't want this, and no pavement was ever put down, although somehow the plans for such a connection made it into the maps. That was over 20 years ago. But to this day, everytime I tell the navigation system in my car that I want to go somewhere, it wants to take me through 100 feet of trees and a creek

Like I said, I told Mapquest about this around 4 years ago, and noticed that it had been corrected a month or two later. This Google maps thing does not have it correct, though. But it doesn't seem too old in other aspects. It's the only online map service that has the address of my work, for example, which I find odd considering it's a national monument