Quote:
Probably going to get flamed on here but how about an iPod? It's fairly well sealed if you put tape over the docking port and make sure you leave the headphones in.

I was thinkin the same thing, even though I love my empeg, and would love a rio portable, I'd hate to buy one then have it break due to sand...

Quote:
BTW, good luck, Brett! Try to keep out of too exiting activities (like getting yourself abducted or killed)

Although I plan on being as safe as possible, I'm not doing civil engeneering, security or anything that would put me directly in harms way, I'm assured by my company that I'll be in a hardened facility working with servers and from what I've read the green zone is surrounded by 15 ft high concrete, so I don't fear so much about being killed as much as I hate to leave my family for a year... But thanks! I'm actually more worried about some of the day to day crap you have to deal with, apparently everyone that goes gets fleas, they have real lice problems, only bottled water can be used for consumption and some really creepy bugs and such that can pose problems.

Edited by lopan (18/02/2005 17:55)