Quote:
my plan is to wipe out the files and re-upload them. any suggestions on the best way to do this?

You shouldn't need to. If it's a specific track, then all you need to do is find it. Start playing larger and larger subsets of your collection until it dies. Create special playlists for this purpose if necessary, and do a divide-and-conquer pattern until find the offending track.

In fact, if it's really a bad track as I suspect, downloading all the files and re-uploading them will just put the bad track right back into place and the same problem will come back.

Quote:
i was just using jemplode and tried to use the download function, but after selecting a directory and saying ok, it returned me back to the main screen. i thought it was supposed to download all the mp3's...?

It's supposed to, depending on exactly what you clicked on. Check to see that you're running the latest Jemplode and the latest Java runtime. One other thing you can check is either activate or deactivate the "use hijack when possible" feature in the Jemplode options.