I am going to probably buy a 25 watt RMS Rockford Fosgate

25 watt? Probably you meant 250 watt?

Do not take this next statement as gospel truth, but recognize it for what it is: a possibly absurd prejudice on my part. But I would stay away from Rockford Fosgate.

I have no personal, first-hand experience with Rockford Fosgate, but the stereo shop I deal with (a Rockford Fosgate dealer, among other things) won't install Rockford Fosgate unless the client absolutely demands it, and then with only the factory warranty. (This shop normally gives an unconditional lifetime guarantee on any product they sell and do the installation for.) The shop considers the failure rate to be unacceptably high, and sound quality to be less than other brands. No complaints about SPL, though, and at the IASCA competitions I have been to, the Rockford Fosgate equipment seems to be quite popular with the "Rice Boy" crowd. (I think we've added a new phrase to the bbs jargon!)

Conversely, if you have had previous good experience with Rockford Fosgate, then your opinion is probably worth more than mine is on this matter.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"