I think I've read about someone connected a headphone via the line connectors there in this BBS. But I'm not too sure about that.

Uhhh... that would be be me.

I keep my empeg sitting on my desk all day at work, with headphones hooked to the line connectors. This way I can play it as loud as I like without bothering co-workers.

The catch is that you must use some very efficient headphones, the line-outs won't drive anything else. I use a pair of Walkman-style in-the-ear headphones made by Optimus ($22 at Radio Shack) and am totally satisfied. I first tried some cheap headphones (they came bundled with my little pocket radio) and when I switched to the Optimus headphones I had a full 10dB gain in volume. (I normally have my volume (at my desk with the headphones) set from -15dB to -5dB at the loudest)

I don't think that "professional" style headphones (that cover the whole ear, the kind radio announcers would use) would work.

This setup with the empeg on the desk and small headphones works so well, I can't believe that others out there are not doing the same thing!

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"