Quote:

Try Visual Assist from www.wholetomato.com . I couldn't live without it. I get all flustered when I use a coworker's PC who doesn't have it installed.

Personally, I couldn't do development over VNC or Remote Desktop. It's fine for light work but the latency drives me crazy when I'm coding and in the zone.

I've seen that advertised on codeproject. I think it only supports VS .NET, but I could be wrong, I'll have to take another look! It did look rather intriguing last time I had a quick look at it though.

Actually theres another issue with VS .NET in that I've got 3 assembler files that are assembled using TASM. Tasm generates these in some strange object format that developer studio moans about and then converts to it's own format.

It's a bug in VS .NET which means that you can only have one of these files to autoconvert, otherwise it doesn't convert any of them and bombs out of linking! The workaround is to use the microsoft command line library tool and insert the object files into a library and then extract them straight back out (in converted format)!

This bug doesn't exist in VS6.

Oh and there's also something in the headers that .NET uses that defines some COM object, it's a bit unfortunate that I've got a function in the software with the same name (that appears tens of thousands of times!) and I had to mess about with the headers to get it to compile.

I like the VS .NET interface, infact I wrote a whidbey style docking windows framework for our app which is rather nice. Took rather a lot of effort to do, but all the frameworks that I've seen that implement this are all for MFC, not SDK.