Has anyone used this? It's a Linksys product, so there's bound to be some frustration, but I'm having the darndest time setting it up. I didn't get it for myself, but I recommended it for someone else and I'm trying it on my own network to see if I can do it. The thing is, I'm sooo close, but I can't seem to get over that final hurdle.

I'm following this guide, since I don't want to run the wizard which doesn't seem to work anyway. I've done what it says, and the link light on the extender is blue meaning that it can finally see my router. I can also connect to either my router or the extender (and see their setup screens while connected to either one) without setting a static IP. The problem is, when I'm connected to the extender, it can't connect to the internet, and I can't access my router's setup page. When I'm connected to the router, I can access the internet, and when I go to the extender's IP to try and see its setup menu, it takes me to the router's setup menu.

So, at this point I am quite confused. What the heck is going on? I was working on this for something like 4 hours last night, and I'm obviously up late tonight trying to figure it out. I'm certain it's something little and stupid, but I can't figure it out!

Thanks for any help you can give to end my insanity.

Edited by Dignan17 (10/04/2005 05:05)