Hi.

Since I store all my MP3s on the empeg as well as on the PC, I really miss a way to pre-organize my MP3s on the PC (and back these preoganized files up) and afterwards upload the whole bunch to the empeg. This preorganized MP3 database might be in the form of a modified fid structure like on the empeg (with the effect of easily supporting multiple references to a single file, but being proprietary) or using cascaded m3u playlists (which are supported by some (PC) players IIRC).
This would make it easier to rebuild the empeg database after a disc crash, because one wouldn´t need to re-enter all those extra playlists that are not reflected by the directory structure on the local hard disc.
Even more useful, this might introduce a way to implement the already requested emulation of a USB drive, because it would be possible to have a 1-to-1 match of disc contents on the PC and on the empeg (were the empeg might just return empty files on the attempt to read a mp3 file, but the actual content on attempts to read directory structures or database files). No need to worry about ways to introduce dupe detection or other workarounds to the problems listed in the relevant thread on the bbs.

cu,
sven
(MkII 12GB blue now green, #080000113)