Ok, not really a bank error, but I'm not quite sure what to do. I checked my online statment and saw a charge from a hospital for a little over $500- I had no idea what it was and was pretty upset right up until I realized it was a CREDIT to my account. So after a few moments of thinking how nice it would be to have an extra $500, I did the "Right Thing"(tm) and called the hospital to try and figure out what happened (after all, it could be a bill that I paid twice on accident, so the money might legitimately be mine). The lady on the phone was not very helpful, however, and told me that I owed $24 that I needed to pay for. So I paid it, but she really couldn't give me any indication as to the source of the $500- though I think if it was money I owed she'd have put forth a lot more effort. She said to call the bank and that there was nothing she could do- it's really my problem now. Sheesh- It's "my problem" that someone gave me $500 and I don't know where it's from. Tough break that is!

So my next call is now to the bank to try and figure this business out, but man it would just be sooo easy to just drop it here and take the money, especially after this conversation I just had where the hospital itself didn't seem to care one way or the other. But I want to do the right thing . . .