I know I have asked this before, but things change so often I want to make sure it is still true.

Background
Infinity Kappa Perfect Speakers and Kappa Perfect Sub
PPI 6 channel Amp.
(External Crossover once I find one I like)
About 22k songs over 2300 Cd’s now (no downloaded music I own them all and I am converting my 8-tracks, cassettes and Records to CD’s a few at a time when I can find them for sale or order them online) (You wouldn’t believe how hard it was to find Pop Music by the “M” on Cd)

I am pulling out my Empeg this weakened and sending it off to Stuart Euans for some much needed TLC
Encoder replacement: $40
Dimmer fix: $15
Lighting kit: $44.99
Green Buttons: $39.99
32 MB of RAM (is 32 enough for the new file format I will choose?)
Smoke Len

This gives me some time to finish re-ripping all my songs I am looking for the best quality short of making them all wav files. I am currently running 3A8 (wish it booted up a bit faster but other then that no issues yet)
I am currently re-ripping all my Cd’s to wav files and will encode them once I figure out which format is the best quality.

I have to admit I am a bit confused I am using EAC to do the ripping, I had used Lame for MP3, but MP3’s while good just doesn’t cut the mustard for my stereo.

Lame has both a High Quality and a Voice setting (which is better)

Flacc is supported but roughly 4 times the size of a MP3 file, not a huge issue but an issue none the less (is it worth the space)

Vob and Obb (I know nothing about them)

MP3Pro (yet one more unknown format)
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/