Quote:
... That struck me as very odd considering all the effort that's being put into anti-terror efforts.

Part of the problem is that explaining how to kill someone is a different matter to actually killing them, at least from a legal standpoint anyway. Smith & Wesson provide the means to kill people but they are not murderers themselves.

There was an interesting programme on the BBC last week about the use of net by al-qaeda, details here. It was part 1 of a 3 part series, part 2 tonight focuses on the Madrid bombings.

The UK Gvt are trying to pass a law to make it an offense to provide terrorist training to others. However it's a difficult thing to prove in a court and I can imagine lawyers making big £$ arguing what constitutes a 'terrorist', 'training', etc.

Don't get me wrong, I think these sites should DEFINATELY be shut down immediately. However doing it legally, even in countries that have the will (like the US and UK) is often easier said than done.

Steve

PS, I was in London on the 21/7 and it makes you think...