That explains why the Momitsu looked so familiar to me. I suspected as much.

Quote:
Quote:
I definitely like my player, but it has some quality issues.

Build quality, or playback quality?

Well, both, unfortunately. The player software has some quirks. And simply starting up and ejecting the disc tray takes about 30 seconds sometimes. Other than that, it's got the full array of outputs (well, the Momitsu does - the Iodata has this stupid D4 connector), and suprisingly it doesn't look horrible. The only design changes I'd make are that the remote is pretty cheap and definitley looks like it wasn't made by the same company, and when the unit is in standby it has a blindingly bright blue power LED that I can't seem to turn off (it's mostly annoying because none of my other LEDs are blue - oh, and it's burning my retinas).

I can only speak to the USB thing a little. There's a port on the front that I thought would be great for plugging in my CF card reader and showing a slideshow. Well, maybe it's because the reader is 1.1 and maybe I have a slow CF card (and maybe my pictures were too big), but it took forever to go through the images, and I couldn't run them as a slideshow. I'd have to go back and select the next picture. I haven't tried viewing pictures from CD/DVD yet.

What I have noticed is that I've had trouble playing video files off of DVDs. I have the least expensive DVD-Rs I could find, so maybe that has something to do with it, but it would frequently freeze on me, and I have to put the files on my computer to stream them to the unit.

As a DVD player...it's just a DVD player.

As for the software side, I'll give them some slack. I bought this thing when this type of product was still pretty new, and they've already put out two or three firmware revisions. Plus, I haven't gotten a chance to update it yet (it doesn't seem to update properly if on a direct connection to the PC).

Any other questions?