My Infrant NAS box is finally here and I'm pushing all of my data to it as we speak. The HTML configuration gizmo is pretty good, and the manual is great, so far as it goes. So far, my only real concerns are:

- They support per-user shares (i.e., \\YourServer\User1), but only under SMB. You can't see those shares via NFS and you can't really even configure those shares for things like when snapshots happen. As a result, I'm keeping the per-user authentication, but I'll be storing everything in a big, central share that I can mount once and be done with.

- They have a magic "media" share that is used for UPnP, SlimServer, and other such tasks. My MP3 collection is on its way over there. More tomorrow on how well it works. On their chat board, it seems a lot of people are trying to integrate with these various network video playing gizmos (e.g., the Roku HD1000). The consensus seems to be that you can get these boxes to work, but that they all suck in one way or another. There doesn't appear to yet exist a category killer for these things.

- I plugged my USB printer (an HP Deskjet 970Cxi) in and it was recognized and properly exported. However, any jobs I send to it are silently gobbled up and ignored. Hopefully they've got some kind of workaround.