Interesting, indeed. I'm bit dubious, though, that this thing will be any good at any of the many things it claims to do. Here is why:

1. Integrated GPS. Good idea, navigation systems are really catching on. Will it compare to the better models on the market? Voice prompts? Detailed maps? Nice interface? I somehow doubt they can beat the dedicated systems at a fraction of the cost.

2. Subscription radio. Completely ignoring the cost factor, are they sure they can produce better radio than all the other stations out there? There's only one station in my area that I sort of like, what are the chances that theirs will be the second?

3. Wireless connectivity on the road. Sure, you can do it, I even remember something a while ago about 16 cell phones working in parallel to provide a broadband connection. It'll cost an arm and a leg, though.

4. PDA for the user interface. Yeah, right. On-screen buttons too, very useful while driving. The screens of these things are not exactly large either.

5. It runs Linux. Great... but can you telnet to it? Can you get a shell prompt? My guess is no, you can't. The reason is the subscription business model. If they make these things hacker-friendly, people will circumvent the subscription functions in no time. So they have to keep the platform closed and thus vastly reduce its hacker appeal. Just look at Tivo and you'll know what I mean. (Disclaimer: I don't own a Tivo, this is my impression from various things I've read about it.)

Then again this thing might be the coolest thing ever created, we'll just have to wait and see.

Borislav