Quote:
Just yesterday, one of my lighted buttons stopped lighting up. I contacted Peakmop about it (who did my install) and he said the same thing just happened to him (different button) and he resoldered the LED but it didn't help. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be the little board that came with the lighting kit? Could the LED have burned out?

I assume that this is one of Stu's kits, not Brian's?

Is it one of the button LEDs or one of the knob board LEDs? If the former then it is either a burned out LED or a bad solder joint at the resistor pack. With peakmop's clean soldering, I'd suggest the burned out LED. If it's a knob board LED then it could be the LED, the soldering, or the pcb. I haven't seen Stu's boards so I can't pass judgement on them, but I do know that to get those LEDs in the limited space available that the traces are very small and the board is thin. Excessive vibration might have broken a trace. I had this happen eventually to a Brian board and made up my own board to replace it.

In either case, if it's the LED burned out then I have to wonder if the LEDs that Stu is providing have a lesser current rating, or whether the resistors are of a lower value than in Brian's original kits.