Hi all!

I just recently drove down to Melbourne and I was using the Karma plus a Belkin Tunecast II to send FM to the car receiver. The Karma was better at keeping its batteries going (I just kept on forgetting to charge it before a trip) but the Belkin chewed through four AA batteries on the trip down and back. So I was thinking of rigging up a power supply to both for subsequent trips - to at least run both off the car battery rather than their own.

The Belkin, conveniently, takes 12V, but the Karma seems to only take 5V. How strict is this? It'd be great if I could run both without having to have a 5V regulator in there burning up (in both senses). I've bought the regulator, but I just thought I'd check...

(Yes, I haven't fitted the empeg yet. Once again I'm not a man of means, and the Subaru Liberty's dashboard has an integrated CD player so there's no way to put the empeg in without severe modifications - and I don't want to have a bodgy job. And Kate requires the use of the CD and radio...)

Thanks in advance,

Paul