That worked. Although there's some confusion with the behavior compared to the readme.txt I got from the previous version of the program. It didn't automatically pop up the dialog when I echoed the file size to the pipe. So I clicked on the "file" checkbox, gave it a file name, then echoed again. The transfer worked, but the echo appeared at the beginning of the file, and the end of the file was cut short (presumably by the number of characters in the echo).

But hey, it worked.

I'd definitely like to see a version which did the serial commands for you, and worked bidirectionally.

Note: If you guys are doing a version that does the serial commands for you, may I make a suggestion "in advance"?

I'm running a modified startup shell script which loops through a selecter program (allowing me to choose whether or not to run RJLov's volume adjustment kernel). This means when you quit the player app with a serial "Q", it allows you to re-select. In order to drop to the bash prompt, you need to do a second "Q". I think I'm not the only one who does this, so whatever commands you use to quit the player app, make them configurable.