I would generally agree with robricc.

However on point 3, I would add the following

The "standard" Audio Receiver Manager software is very robust and east to install and use. As robricc mentioned, its main drawback is that it plays albums in alphabetical track order, not numerical track order. However, if you listen mainly to playlists then it doesn't matter so much.
The other points I would mention is that if you want to search for a track, IMHO the standard software is much better: press search, then type FUNKY TOWN using the same method as on a predictive text mobil phone, and it will select all the tracks with that name: the Lipps Inc original, the Charlotte Church remix etc. I use this feature all the time (although selecting other titles!). Lastly, the standard software allows the host PC to enter standby mode when the Rios are turned off. When the Rios are switched on the PC will wake up (so long as you have a newish PC that supports WOL and you have it configured). I try not to have my PCs whirring away continually for the 2 hours a day that they are serving music.

Just my thoughts, and there is plenty of info on this forum.

Fair points robricc?

Cheers

M