Quote:
Also, if you let me know how you delt with the cage for the other DIN and the Empeg sled, that would be very helpfull. Right now I am not using the mounting cage for the alpine. Its held in there as if was the lower half of a double din. (Its screwed to the sides of the Metra mounting kit.

Sounds like what I did. I didn't use the cage for my Pioneer unit either. I screwed it to the dash kit. To mount the empeg cage I enlarged the top hole in the kit and then used some of that double sided foam tape (like 1/16 inch thick) to attach the empeg's cage to the top of the Pioneer. I also used the tabs on the empeg's cage, but there isn't much material for them to press against so I think the tape is doing most of the work. It also keeps the stereos from rattling against each other.

Quote:
It seems like I should take out the center din separator and bolt the cages together.

I left it in as it is about the same thickness as the tape I used and I need a little clearance between the units for the LCD screen in the Pioneer to be able to slide out. If you can find a way to bolt the two stereos together I don't see why you couldn't remove that separator. It would decrease the amount of material you need to remove to accommodate the empeg.

Quote:
Thanks for the pics and help!

No problem, I'll be home in an hour or so and get some pics for you.

-Mike