Quote:
Does anyone know if I can drive from Munich, Germany to Cambridge, UK?

On the legality side of things, if it is registered in Germany it should be fine to drive in the UK due to the nifty EU rules. Driving a car without plates is sure to get attention thought, and unless you are driving to/from a port it would be difficult to talk yourself out of it. That said, as long as you have insurance the worst that could happen is you will get a fine for no registration and no tax and the court costs, probably a couple of hundred quid and the best bit is that it's an excise (tax) offence so no effect on your eligibility to drive in the UK.

However either way you must make sure you are insured in some way, it should be possible to get a single policy that covers you Europe-wide on the VIN number, however you will need to find a speciality insurer.

To get it *out* of the UK I would recommend driving to one of the larger ports and get it sent RoRo. I'm not sure of exact the costs but it should be cheap, I sent a car from Baltimore to Southampton for £425, it might be more given you are going in the other direction but probably not much more. You should arrange it in advance though, I have used ATI USA a couple of times - their website is usually at www.atiusainc.com but it's not there at the moment. The number is +201-327-8663 If you need somebody to arrange export at this end then Adrian Montgomery at Southampton Euro terminal is recommended (+44 2380 336 644 and www.2wglobal.com

Gareth