As the subject says. Normally the player is fine, but if it has to start up from cold (I think the threshold is at around 6 degrees C) it will just hang at "starting audio" as if it needs feedback before it can continue to boot up.

Doing a search revealed that CS4132A has been identified as possible cause in a similar case CS4132 not found. Thing is, as soon as the unit gets a bit warmer it's fine again (takes around 10 minutes).

It happens irrespective of input selected when powering down (I have original tuner module and use Karma to connect to it too). I've also re-flashed the player a couple of times; first with 2.0 final and twice after that with beta 13 (as the tuner didn't tune with V2 final). Have latest Hijack installed too. I also re-seated the HDD cable (which still is the original dodgy one). No joy there either...

The other weird thing is that when it doesn't hang, it will often misbehave, with some controls not working (especially the steering wheel ones through Sony interface). Rebooting helps in most cases but has also resulted in "staring audio" message.

I know, i know.... the obvious answer is I shouldn't leave it out in the cold in the first place..., but dragging in and out of the car isn't always practical, nor will my better half forget, even if she didn't mind bringing it in every time in the first place. However, if indeed it is a trait of a MkII I'll keep it indoors (and seriously consider a different head unit -or, come to think of it, move to sunnier resorts, Portugal, Spain, Italy )

Have others experienced problems with cold units? Doesn't Tanstaafl use his in Alaska - a lot colder than Holland. If it helps, I'll do a boot log, but I've never used a developer version or ever used hyperterminal. Any pointers and advice much appreciated.