Quote:
Multiwave in California has the Cruzer Micro for $49 Too bad I cheaped out and got some 512's, the prices are droping daily.

These Sandisk drives are great. I have a Cruzer mini and I'm very impressed with it. I'm also very impressed with the activity light, as it helps to know when it's okay to take the drive out. I went all out with mine and sprung for the 4GB version, and now I have all my common program installation files on there, and that's only taking up about 300MB.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of good standalone applications? Ones that don't have to be installed, but just run out of a folder? In case anyone else wants some suggestions, here's what I have so far:

- Audacity
- Process Explorer
- Scanner
- Media Player Classic
- mplayer
- PocketDivXEncoder
- an old version of Paint Shop Pro (5) [this one's my favorite - I love having PSP anywhere I go]

Any other suggestions? I read somewhere that Firefox can run standalone, but that might have been a much older version. I have the install file on there, but it would be nice to be able to just run it off the thumb drive.