Quote:
Quote:
The empeg player application depends on a lot more hardware than just the CPU. It's not going to happen.

The empeg player software does almost all of it's hardware access via the Linux kernel, so it is not actually very hardware dependent.

But we don't have source code for it, and that's the biggest (only?) stumbling block.

From day one I always thought someone at empeg could come up with a way to get the code to you, even if they had to "hire" you in some capacity. At one point, I assumed it happened but that nobody talked about it. That's obviously not true. But it would have been so nice to have someone with your skills in possession of the code. Again, when I'd think about this, I thought maybe you could pass on fixes (such as the one you found for "jiffies"(?), large bookmarks, fidsift, etc) with the understanding that it'd be upto the empeg team to package it and release it as a beta. I doubt they'd have the funds to pay you, and I'm not sure what'd be in it for you other than a better working player, but it was a fun thought.