Quote:
Quote:
True again I just see them as unnessary, I was just considering that as I can make PCBs in a few hours with one of <a href="javascript:pop_window('http://www.lpkfusa.com/RapidPCB/CircuitboardPlotters/m30s.htm')" target="_blank">these</a>

You can only do double sided boards with that plotter. It'd probably work for your absolute basic model which is the Atmel MP3 player on a chip but anything more advanced and you'll have to send the PCB design off to be manufactured for you.

not true I used to use a 92s that is even older than that model, they don't sell it anymore, and I am able to make multilayer boards with it, granted it's a PITA to laminate the layers but I can do it. It's still faster and cheaper then sending them out. but I wouldn't use it for a production run.

My interest is aimed more at the Atmel stuff anyway as it will be simpler and fairly cheap to build. I wanted to model it after the MK2 so I could test and or use it in my car without rewiring.

I kinda like the idea someone here mentioned about the Ipod dock, but I can't get their interface specs without entering into an NDA, witch I sure is not free.

Edited by n2toh (14/03/2006 15:05)