Ok, a quick second impression:

Those ~2 lbs get heavy over time of one handed operation.

Right hand works the pen while left hand heats up from the processor and internal fan. It's cooler on the right side.

Right side ThinkPad-style track stick receives push as a click, which allows single right handed operation, but also unintentionally clicks. Maybe a software setting or simply learn to be lighter on it (I rarely use track sticks).

The "Dial Keys" split thumb keyboard required thumbnails to type, requiring greater reach. Maybe an XP Tablet screen sensitivity setting to fix that. Once fixed and gotten used to, I think it will work.

Screen needs calibration. Also XP Tablet setting?

One-touch screen resolution changing could come in handy, since native res is pretty short (640x400? I forget now).

Comes with second partition containing stock restoration image of the system, I think. Would be nice to just reimage from that after each time it comes back from a few weeks of field work.

It's still baby blue, which is kind of unique in a way. Who else has a baby blue laptop, PDA, tablet? I feel unintentionally "designer".

But hey, it runs real Windows, so it allows real software and standard networking. Should work for data collection. This would be great for travel to store pictures and write my memos, also connect to the internet etc. Light enough to bring with me all day in a travel bag.