Quote:
Yeah, because the reason they ration water is because people don't like seeing it.

The reason they ration where I live is because the area has had extensive "rural" development on land that is the city's primary water. Every 3 acre plot of land on the water shed has a 2 acre pond. The watershed has an efficiency now of about 5-10% depending on ground saturation.

Better yet is when a developer puts in a parking lot, they have to install flood control ponds to keep the water from running off through the town ... into the lake.

My favorite thing they have done is participating in a large reservoir about 15 years ago. The city I live in failed to install their water inlet at the time of construction. By the time they installed the 70 mile pipeline to the reservoir they had to spend three times what it would have cost when the reservoir was empty. Then they installed the water treatment plant (to reduce salinity through RO) and didn't install sufficient waste water facilities to actually use either the pipeline or treatment plant. $100 million later, we still ration.