Hey all, I'm getting ready to attempt my first car stereo install: Benz E320 wagon headunit swap using stock amp/speakers. Apparently simple, yet no installer will touch it.

Can anyone recommend a soldering iron and the appropriate solder to connect the wiring harness wires? I know nothing about soldering, so any tips for connecting the wires are appreciated.

I may try to install the empeg and keep the stock deck. Between the stock deck and the female harness coming from the dash will be a bunch of source switching, etc. Do you think anyone makes a female harness (same as what comes from the dash), which would give raw wires coming from the stock deck? I could then solder on RCAs from the stock deck.

Lastly, can the power wires from the female harness (coming from the dash) power two headunits and how can I split the power wiring? I'll have a male-to-raw-wire harness coming out of the dash, but can I wire both head units' power wires right to that harness, or do I need a switch box?

Thanks all. I really wish an installer would just do this.....