AWESOME! Now, the big question: what Subaru radio died to make that faceplate? If you cut up your own, how will you resell the car in its stock configuration (needing a new wood dash piece also)? Or will you leave the upgraded unit in there?

For my fake faceplate (soon to be pluralized), I bought used units off eBay to cut up (and lower end units than the ones I had, to make it look even less attractive). With the original headunit in a box, and wiring harnesses in the dash, I can easily revert back to the stock configuration to sell the car. Of course, I plan to drive my cars into the ground, but still, it's a nice option to have.

For the dash pocket, I bought one off Crutchfield thinking it was a "dashboard adaption kit" for my car. Turns out, it's just a pocket to fill the second DIN slot they though I wouldn't use. Pocket + trim ring = simple empeg sled filler. Though, I'd recommend buying a used whatever-was-there-before off eBay to cover the hole, making it super stock.