I download all of my transactions for my checking account into Quicken daily. I downloaded them this morning only to find that I had an unauthorized transaction for $2415.00 from one Carla Smith. Who the heck is Carla Smith, I asked myself. So, naturally, I call my bank and go through the normal procedures, fill out the ACH(Automated Clearing House) Dispute Form and talk with a dispute representative. She tells me this type of dispute can take 3-5 business days. 3-5 business days from now looks like, at the earliest, next Wednesday (July 4th holiday is Tuesday).Well, that didn't sit very well with me so I asked if there was anything we can do to expedite this. She gives me her direct fax number so I can fax the form over to her directly. Within 5 minutes she's given the form to the processing rep assigned to my case and I'm given my money back.

Thanks Sheila, and thank you Wachovia. That's what I call customer service.

Anyone ever had fraud on their accounts before? Should I close the account/debit cards and reopen? What's the best thing to do to keep this from happening again? I haven't given the number out to anyone and I can't remember using the debit card online anytime recently either. Check that, actually, the last time I used it online was to renew my Driver's License, which was last week. I certainly hope the DMV hasn't been hacked. Maybe there's a website that has my information that has been compromised or something? I dunno.

I'm just glad that Wachovia cares about their customers.