I am considering selling my prized MK1 empeg. This message is to see if there are any prospects out there who are interested - there is a catch, see below. I am the second owner of this 10gb MK1 (serial #00342)...one of the last MK1's to be made. It has a blue face and is in perfect operational condition.

Here is the catch - I had to heavily modify the docking sled in order to install it into my 99 Kia Sportage. The mods included drilling 4 holes through it (2 on each side) and removing most of the wires from the back (the only wires still attached are as follows: power, ground, one left RCA output, one right RCA output - rear I think). With this wiring configuration this sled is really only good for hooking up to the AUX inputs of a head unit (CD receiver or likewise). To get back the full functionality of the original docking sled (ie: using as a stand-alone unit) you would need to get a replacement sled. The holes I drilled do not effect the operation of installing or removing the empeg unit.

Okay, why am I selling?? Well, I just traded in my Sportage for a new fully loaded 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Not that I wouldn't mind keeping the empeg and using it in my new vehicle *but* I really could use the extra money to help replace what I plunked down for the down payment :) . Besides, the 210 watt Infinity 7 speaker CD sound system should keep me happy until I've saved enough for a MK2!

So, here's the deal. I am willing to part with my MK1 empeg with modified docking sled for $800 USD. Anyone who may be interested should email me directly at: [email protected] . I want to sell only within the US. If I do not get any bites then I will probably end up installing it into the Eclipse afterall - and I will have to break the news to my wife as to where all that money in our savings account went to.

Scott (00342)