What is it with you Cushman.. and Ladmo I didn't ask you for your lecture !! ...I posted that so maybe someone can come up with ideas or direct me to a link thats been done or whatever.. Calling something Tacky is NOT an insult..,,Thats my opinion,,IT IS indeed tacky!! It is a music device NOT A FURNITURE my man !! Have you ever seen a comercial home stereo player that came in a wooden box from this era??? I imagine Ladmo probably even puts a doily on top of his wooden stereo too... like my grandma..,, Oh I'm sorry not like my grandma..but like my grand grandma..! By the way , I didn't say it was tacky because of the way he constructed it..I said tacky only because it was made out of wood !...But that guy is a wood worker so thats his specialty...Why don't you take your own advice and shut up yourself !..I am free to express my opinion and don't need your BS!
and by the way No ,there is nothing new on this site ..All the things like the colored lenses , ligted buttons and FM tuner AND that wooden box existed four years ago and nothing so far new has been added to the scene as far as hardware modding goes.... I am amused at your phrase that said " If it hasn't been done by now , most likely it'll never be done "..why not ? Not everybody in this forum will agree with you and certainly not everybody has the lack of imagination and vision like you do..
Twenty years ago , If you told someone that you wanted to make electric or hybrid cars like today.or even told them about your idea about soy beans replacing gas..They will laugh at you..and ridicule you..But it has been done hasn't it ! and yes someday gas will be replaced completely.... Because someone was brave enough to imagine it and put out the effort to research and get help!
I wasn't necessarily talking about a unit that could only be used as a home device but, I was just giving an example of what could be done.. Mlord was helpful to post a picture and thats how people in forums should ACT ! There is nothing wrong about adding a wishlist..INFACT most forums have a category dedicated to that cause it gives constructive ideas..Doesn't mean it has to be done.... But you, what did you do ??? You criticize me for posting links... Most people have ideas about machining something but , If they are not trained and educated in that field they percive it as a complicated process or they feel that they need to personally comunicate with some machine shop to ask them if they do small jobs and prototypes,,or whtever,,that could be intimidating to some people...SO I posted that link Cause I just found out about it myself and may be somebody could benefit from it even making new faces or whtever...WHAT I MEAN TO SAY IS: That was a contribution..I don't need your stinking critism...If you don't have anything to ad helpful as reply , then post your critique on other people's threads...

Edited by yuppy (26/11/2006 03:51)