I have been thinking about this topic for some time.

This BBS is the only place on the internet where I comunicate with other internet users (apart from e-mail of course), I have tried other places, chatrooms MSN etc... but I really don't find anything interesting enough to keep me going back.

This BBS is different some how. I put one of the main reasons down to the fact I have met in person on more than one occasion many people who post here. Having this insight to who the people really are is very helpful when I read their posts.

Having made etiquette mistakes myself in the past I am wondering how different I come across online as to offline. I tend to use , and quite a bit as most of the posts I make here are light hearted, but I suppose it could be taken as poking fun at someone also.

So, how do you put your personality across in posts on a BBS? I think layout is quite important, making the post as easy as possible to read etc...

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Cris.

PS - I am aware of recent discussions in another thread, this is not really about that particular discussion, more the general topic.