Quote:
For the record, It's not just Americans that are that stupid. All people are. As the saying goes; A person is smart, people are stupid.

I pedaled home with the specific intent of adding a grumpy post to this thread, but I got distracted by Mexico, Love and Parakeets. Enough of that.

Wimpy relativist that I am, I tend to gauge some (negative?) attributes against some vague qualitative denominator or measure of expectations and capability. So when somebody asks me what I think the worst beer in the world is, I can quickly answer "Bud", not because it is *absolutely* the worst beer in the world -- you can find worse -- but becasue I can not think of any beer that sells more units and which is made with such a degree of technical sophistication and celebrated consistency...that is so bloody awful.

Stupid? "All people are"? Well, a fair number of those "all people" grow up malnourished in a lice-infested yurt. They have mildewed grain and rickets. We have school lunches. They have river blindness. We have cell phones with built-in 3 megapixel cameras. They have female circumcision. We have Comcast.

I mean, here in the U.S. of A. we have had public libraries, public schools, National Public Radio, uncensored airwaves and an imitation free press and free (maybe) elections. Granted, some of these may be on the way out or already gone, but we have had them. And most of the members of our electorate have had them. Or believed they had them.

But when I look at it real hard, it wasn't the people of some country with endemic river blindness that elected George W. Bush. Possibly twice.

Stupid-est.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.