Yesterday the amplifier that drives my subwoofer died. This is one of five amplfiers in the system (see attachment on linked post). I have temporarily re-routed signal paths to use one of the other amps to drive the subwoofer, but the system is now somewhat crippled.

I have nobody to blame but myself for this... cleaning fluid from a carpet shampooer I hauled in the back of the car leaked through the floor and onto the amp. I pulled the amp, disassembled and cleaned it, and air-dried it overnight, and it worked for several months afterwards, but yesterday it died.

The problem is... it is a discontinued model, sold only for a brief time, and any larger (physical size) amp just isn't going to fit. Also, due to lack of ventilation, it must be a class-T amplifier. I need to find an exact replacement.

If anybody can point me to where I can buy one of these, new or used, I would appreciate it very much. Note that the model number is Blaupunkt PA2100. There is a PCA2100 available, but it is a larger, Class A/B amplifier, not useful to me in this situation.

There is ONE electronics repair shop in all of interior Alaska... I will take the amplifier to him this evening and see if it can be repaired, knowing the cost of the repair will be more than I paid for the amplifier when I bought it new. I'd like to have other options available.

tanstaafl.