Quote:
mlord The eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada looked to have tons of snow.

June Mountain, which has a peak of 10,135 feet, and is very near Mammoth, closed for the season on Jan. 29 due to extremely light snowfall.
They told all their season-pass holders that the passes will be honored at Mammoth for the rest of the year.

A friend of mine was at Heavenly last week and talked to some of the workers at the on-mountain restaurants and so forth.
One worker confided to him that they were cutting everybody's hours back and that he was currently looking for a software job (!) to take up the extra slack.

Quote:
loren Where do you usually get your Tahoe conditions reports from?

Lately I've been getting them from ski club friends who go up on Thursday, check stuff out, and send everyone email about what they find.

Quote:
altman I'm not going to miss kirkwood+pow

With any luck Kirkwood is high enough.
I did hear from friends that it was raining in the Alpine Meadows parking lot on Friday. But Kirkwood can have totally different weather.
I also heard Alpine is claiming 20 inches of snow from the storm, so maybe it all worked out.

Quote:
altman You want to meet up and head for the hills friday night?

Can I come, too?
Unfortunately, none of my cars are 4WD right now.
So, I would have to mooch a ride. (And I'm a two-planker, so that could potentially cause additional packing issues if people are tight on room.)